Sunday, February 7, 2010

Up for disappointment

I set my alarm to wake me up at 4:00 AM.  I even slept on the sofa in front of the TV.  When I woke I headed to the basement to throw a few logs into the furnace.  After a cool drink of water I was ready, ready to watch the Endeavor embark on it's second to last mission and the final night launch of the shuttle space transportation system.  There will never be another sight like a night shuttle launch with those beastly solid rocket boosters lighting up the sky. 

NASA TV is probably the worst run network channel in the history of channels of any type.  This includes the English channel and the Strait of Malacca.  The fires light, however, nobody has better programing.  The fires did not light.  They did not even try to strike a match.  Apparently the clouds were too thick.  I don't know why I even bother anymore.  It does not matter how rosy the forecast is.  If I watch they will scrub for weather.  At least with a launch to the space station they tell you right away.  I got to go right back to bed, albeit disappointed.  I did not have to run and look up triboelectrification even once.

No comments:

Post a Comment